Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tornado Warning Seneca, MO 5-16-10


Just finished a chase from my house.  Got a call from my family in Seneca, MO saying they were under a tornado warning.  When I opened GRlevel sure enough there was a tornado warning. BRV was showing a definite area of rotation just to the NE of Seneca moving SE at 20MPH.  My cousins could see a lowering but could not confirm if it was reaching the ground to the east of Seneca approx. 5 to 7 miles.  Was on the phone with 3 different people telling them the location of the possible tornado and hail core.  There were a few reports of hail but as I write this no reports of wall clouds or rotation on SN. GR never showed MESO's or TVS's which surprised me. By the time one of the chasers got to the area the storm had diminished considerably.  I laughed when my cousin said it was sad that they had to call KC to see what their weather was doing! ~ TB

Here are some screen shots from GRLevel3 I took during the "Chase".


 






No comments:

Post a Comment