Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Washington DC~Snow Storm February 2010

I received these photos of our Sentinals at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in an e-mail and do not have a person to credit.  The top three photos are not my photos and I do not take credit for them.  I post the photos only as a rememberance of the sacrifices our military personnel have made and are continuing to make for our freedom every day!!  If anyone knows the source of the photos, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

The text of the e-mail indicated they were taken during the major snowstorm several weeks ago in our nations capitol that shut down the city.  These are our military personnnel who guard the tomb and have done so since 1937 without fail.  It was reported the Sentinels were ordered to abandon their post during Hurricane Isabel, which was not true!  They maintained their post through the Hurricane!



Here are some photos my wife and I took in DC when the weather was a bit calmer.


Photos courtesy of Heidi Sloan ~ http://www.memoriesbyheidi.com/

God Bless our Troops!!!! ~ CS

No comments:

Post a Comment